blank'/> muhilneel: Sea Themed Layout

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sea Themed Layout


Inspired by this mood board from Scrap Around the World, I have created this sea themed layout.

Here, I have used a pizza box as a canvas.

I started with covering the entire pizza box with scraps of newspapers. Then, I added two coats of home made gesso.



Then I added some acrylic paints with a mesh  grocery bag. Once the board was ready, I added the beautiful quote, from the mood board.


I was inspired by the star fish and the sea horse from the mood board.  I used the card boards from the cereal box for making these sea creatures.I loved the sea coral too. So I tried to make few corals and again those corals were made with cereal box cardboard. I added texture to these sea creatures with glue, sugar and water colors.






I  applied the glue on the cardboard and sprinkled sugar on the glue. Once the glue - sugar mix dried completely,  I applied the watercolor on the glue - sugar mixture. Here are  a few close - up pictures.






Here is the completed work.




Linking this to Scrap Around the World - April 2015 challenge

4 comments:

Veera said...

Great work! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

Hera said...

This is a very beautiful project! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around the World!

Arantzazu said...

Wonderful proyect!!!
Great work!
Thanks for playing with us at SATW!
Xoxo

langeatheart said...

Fantastic idea using pizza and cereal boxes! Thrifty scrapper! I like it! Your seahorse and starfish are adorable! All the best from SATW! :)

Post a Comment