Inspired by Dhiyana's Paper Batik Heart, I tried batik painting on paper.
The steps are so simple.
1. Draw the desired design on the paper and colour it with crayons.
2. Once the colouring is finished, crumple the paper.
3. Smooth the crumpled paper.
4. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times.
5. Do the crumpling and smoothing out carefully as the paper becomes very soft and tends to be torn apart.
6. Once the paper is smoothed out, colour the picture with watercolor.
7. The cracks created on crumpling the paper is filled with watercolors and the places where we have used the crayons, those crayons resist the watercolors.
Here is the outcome of the above said process.
Thank you Dhiyana for sharing this wonderful technique.